Sunday, October 14, 2012

What's in a Name?

My sweet Grandma Robins passed away yesterday on October 14th. It's really hard to say goodbye even though I know it's for the better. I will always remember what an amazing cook she was and her beautiful smile whenever I would come over to visit. I will sure miss her but I know that I will see her again.
A couple weeks ago I went to visit her and told her that we were naming our first daughter after her. She seemed really happy and I'm glad that I got to share it with her before she passed.
What is in a name? Our little baby girl is going to be named after both of my Grandma's and I hope she will be as sweet and loving and both of them. We are excited to meet our little Lucy Jean Rennaker!

Grandma Jeannine Hardy, Lucas & Grandma Lucille Robins


I love you Grandma!

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

I'm sorry for the passing of your grandmother. I love baby girl's name! It is so sweet! I can't wait to meet her...over Skype...in February!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to tell her the name before she went. No doubt that was something so tender to her, even if her body may not have let her completely show it. I'd even be willing to bet that she may meet your Lucy before you do! :)